No arrest made in expat’s murder case | The Express Tribune


Police have not yet made any arrests in the killing of a man in Kot Chhutta police station last week.

Kot Chhutta Police Station had arrested Haji Gulzar Hussain, who had returned from Saudi Arabia just a few days earlier, last Saturday and allegedly tortured him to death.

None of the nominated accused, including the SHO, has been arrested yet.

DPO Ali Waseem had suspended all personnel, including SHO Noor Khan, and directed action against them.

A case had been registered against six accused under various provisions, including murder and theft.

Meanwhile, the accused have approached the court for interim bail.

A man who had returned from Saudi Arabia was killed allegedly due to torture in the custody of Kot Chatha police.

The body was shifted to the local teaching hospital for autopsy.

Punjab Inspector General of Police Rao Sardar Ali Khan took notice of the incident and sought a report from the Dera Ghazi Khan regional police officer, while the Kot Chatta police station SHO and other personnel suspected of being involved in the case were suspended. A case was registered in Kot Chatha police station against four nominated persons, including the SHO, and unidentified personnel riding in three police vehicles.

The victim was taken into custody from the house of his in-laws by the police at night.

He was found dead in the hospital by his relatives in the morning.

Relatives of the deceased alleged that police officials barged into the house during the night in Mana Ahmadani area of Kot Chatha in Dera Ghazi Khan. They took Muhammad Hussain, Nasrullah and Haji Gulzar Hussain into their custody and took them to the police station.

Read Police tortured youth over ‘suspicion’ in Dijkot

The family members said Hussain and Nasrullah were detained at the police station but Gulzar Hussain was taken to an unknown place and allegedly tortured. They took the man to Kot Chatha Hospital when his condition worsened.

The police also released the other two people and left them at the hospital before disappearing from the scene.

Gulzar Ahmed had returned home from Saudi Arabia three days ago and had no previous case registered against him.

Sources said that the police went to arrest another person but also took away Gulzar Ahmed and allegedly tortured him. The deceased had two children and was the sole breadwinner of the family. The body was shifted to a hospital for postmortem.

Published in The Express Tribune, November 17th, 2021.

Source link

About Daily Multan

Check Also

وزیراعظم کا چینی ہم منصب سے ٹیلی فونک رابطہ

وفاقی بیوروکریسی میں تقرریاں و تبادلے وفاقی بیوروکریسی میں تقرریاں و تبادلے کیے گئے ہیں، …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.