The Nord CE 2 Lite 5G is the latest smartphone from OnePlus and also the cheapest in the company’s current lineup. Meant to be the entry-level option for customers in Europe and India, the Nord CE 2 Lite 5G is very similar to the Nord N20 5G that is being launched in North America. A European launch is expected soon as well.
The Nord CE 2 Lite 5G is based on the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G platform and comes with a 120Hz display, triple camera system, and a large 5000mAh battery with 33W SuperVOOC fast charging. The closely related OnePlus Nord N20 in the US has a smaller battery and a 90Hz AMOLED display, but otherwise, the two phones are very similar.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 Lite 5G specs at a glance:
- Body: 164.3×75.6×8.5mm, 195g; Glass front, plastic frame, plastic back.
- Display: 6.59″ IPS LCD, 120Hz, 1080x2412px resolution, 20.1:9 aspect ratio, 401ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm): Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 660 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 660 Silver); Adreno 619.
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM; UFS 2.2; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
- OS/Software: Android 12, OxygenOS 12.1.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 64 MP, f/1.7, 26mm, 0.7µm, PDAF; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/3.0″, 1.0µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 1080p@30fps; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 4500mAh; Fast charging 33W.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); 3.5mm jack.
The Nord CE 2 Lite 5G is dropping in a segment that is ruthlessly ruled by Xiaomi and OnePlus sister brand Realme. For OnePlus to succeed, the Nord CE 2 Lite 5G will have to be quite the standout. Let’s see how the phone performs.
The Nord CE 2 Lite 5G comes with a fairly basic package. The phone supports 33W charging, and a corresponding 33W charger ships with it, along with a red USB 2.0 cable.
A clear silicone case is also included.