Samsung Exynos 1280 specs:
- Process technology: 5 nm EUV
- CPU: 2x Cortex-A78 @2.4Ghz + 6x Cortex-A55 @2.0GHz, 64-bit.
- GPU: Arm Mali-G68
- AI Engine: AI Engine with NPU, 4.3 TOPS.
- Modem: 5G NR Sub-6GHz + 5G NR mmWave 1, 2.55 Gbps DL, 1.28 Gbps UL, global 5G multi-SIM.
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11ac MIMO with Dual-band (2.4/5G).
- Camera: Single camera up to 108 MP, Triple camera up to 16 MP, 4K video @30fps recording and playback.
- Display: FHD+ @120 Hz
- Memory: LPDDR4x
- Storage: UFS v2.2
- Other: Bluetooth 5.2, FM Radio Rx, Quad-constellation multi-signal for L1 and L5 GNSS.
The chip is built on Samsung’s 5nm EUV process and features an eight-core CPU made up of two Cortex-A78 performance cores alongside six Cortex-A55 power-efficient cores. The GPU side is handled by the Arm Mali-G68 and you get both sub-6GHz and mmWave 5G connectivity.
The new SoC is optimized with Fused Multiply-Add (FMA) which should bring better power consumption and battery life. The onboard neural processing unit (NPU) brings AI functions like scene segmentation, real-time motion analysis and multi-object surveillance.
Exynos 1280 can handle FHD+ displays refreshing at up to 120Hz. Its image signal processor (ISP) supports a maximum resolution of up to 108MP and up to three 16MP additional modules. Samsung also added multi-frame image processing for clearer images with less noise, electronic image stabilization (EIS) as well as 4K video recording and playback at 30fps.
In terms of connectivity, you get dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2 and Quad-constellation multi-signal for L1 and L5 GNSS positioning.