Six killed in Kabul minibus blast | The Express Tribune


KABUL:

A magnetic bomb attached to a passenger minivan exploded in Kabul on Saturday, causing an unknown number of casualties, Taliban officials and local residents said.

One Taliban official, who declined to be named, said six people had been killed and at least seven wounded in the blast in the Dasht-e Barchi area of western Kabul.

There was no confirmation of casualty numbers and no immediate claim of responsibility. The area is heavily populated by ethnic Hazaras who have been the target of repeated attacks by Islamic State militants.

Read Terrorist surge in Afghanistan

Two Taliban officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said Islamic State was also behind Saturday’s attack but there was no official comment from the movement’s security forces.

Zabihullah Mujahid, the Taliban’s main spokesman, said a fire had broken out in Dasht-e Barchi, killing at least one civilian and injuring two others. An investigation was underway, he said in a tweet.




Source link

About Daily Multan

Check Also

‘Airborne baby killer’: pollution in China sees 64,000 stillborn babies a year

A new Peking University study has discovered that 64,000 babies die in the womb each …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *